Two large earthquakes strike off California coast
Mexico City: The US Geological Survey says two large earthquakes have struck in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of southern California and Mexico.
The first quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6.4, was recorded at 2.36 am (1606 IST) today, 262 kilometres south southwest of the California city of Avalon and about 268 kilometres west southwest of Rosarito, Mexico.
Only seconds later, a second quake with a magnitude of 6.1 struck 42 kilometres from Avalon. Both were recorded at relatively shallow depths.
No tsunami warning has been issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!