Two large earthquakes strike off California coast
Mexico City: The US Geological Survey says two large earthquakes have struck in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of southern California and Mexico.
The first quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6.4, was recorded at 2.36 am (1606 IST) today, 262 kilometres south southwest of the California city of Avalon and about 268 kilometres west southwest of Rosarito, Mexico.
Only seconds later, a second quake with a magnitude of 6.1 struck 42 kilometres from Avalon. Both were recorded at relatively shallow depths.
No tsunami warning has been issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read