Two large earthquakes strike off California coast
Mexico City: The US Geological Survey says two large earthquakes have struck in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of southern California and Mexico.
The first quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6.4, was recorded at 2.36 am (1606 IST) today, 262 kilometres south southwest of the California city of Avalon and about 268 kilometres west southwest of Rosarito, Mexico.
Only seconds later, a second quake with a magnitude of 6.1 struck 42 kilometres from Avalon. Both were recorded at relatively shallow depths.
No tsunami warning has been issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP