Two large earthquakes strike off California coast
Mexico City: The US Geological Survey says two large earthquakes have struck in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of southern California and Mexico.
The first quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6.4, was recorded at 2.36 am (1606 IST) today, 262 kilometres south southwest of the California city of Avalon and about 268 kilometres west southwest of Rosarito, Mexico.
Only seconds later, a second quake with a magnitude of 6.1 struck 42 kilometres from Avalon. Both were recorded at relatively shallow depths.
No tsunami warning has been issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?