Ukraine passes to winter time, difference in time with Moscow to makes 2 hours
Kiev: Ukraine has passed to the winter time on Sunday.
The clocks were moved one hour back at 4:00(local time) on the whole territory of Ukraine, so, the difference in time with Moscow makes two hours.
The transition to the winter time is done according to the governmental resolution of May 13, 1996 on the procedure of computation of time in Ukraine, the press service of the republican Ministry of Economic Development and Trade reported on Saturday.
"The passengers will not have any problems," chief press officer of the airport Kiev-Zhulyany Galina Bogdanenko told Itar-Tass.
"The actions of all services to provide for the transition to the winter time are thoroughly practiced, as the movement of the clocks is done twice a year.
"Ukraine does not have common opinion on this issue.
In September 2011 the parliament has endorsed a resolution cancelling the transition to the winter time.
This decision was taken in the wake of the specific laws in Russia and Belarus.
However, the authorities in western Ukrainian regions, several ministries and agencies, several scientists and politicians called to cancel the decision, and the lawmakers annulled the previous resolution already in October 2011.
In February 2012, this issue was put on the parliamentary agenda.
The Ukrainian government has put up the bill on the procedure of computation of time in Ukraine for debates in the Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine`s parliament.
The bill offered to move the clocks to the daylight saving time in spring and cancel the effect of the daylight saving time in autumn and already do not move the clocks any more.
However, this issue was not put up for debates after all.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!