UN inquiry report `not neutral`, says Syria
Damascus: The Syrian government Friday slammed as "unprofessional and not neutral" a recent report by the UN Commission of Inquiry which accused the Syrian administration of huge human rights violations.
Last month, UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria published its latest report on the human rights situation in Syria, concluding that innocent Syrian civilians were bearing the brunt of escalating armed confrontation between the government and rebel forces.
It said that it had received credible accounts of regular soldiers executing captives and incidents of direct targeting of civilians by aerial bombardment, including "barrel bombs," rocket attacks and machine gun fires which have risen significantly over recent months.
The commission said there were testimonies of systematic patterns of torture in detention centres.
In a letter sent to the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, the Syrian foreign ministry Friday said the report of the Commission of Inquiry relied on information presented by countries that are partners in the bloodletting in Syria, and added that the report is "hasty ..., one sided" and based on unconfirmed allegations.
It also totally rejected the UN commission`s claims that the government was using cluster rockets in the fight against the rebels.
It also charged that the commission`s report did not include the crimes committed by the armed groups, including what they have done in Aleppo by stealing and robbing industrial and medication factories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj