US horrified by reports of Syria massacre
Washington: Expressing deep concern over reports about execution of over 100 people in Syria last week, the US has said that those responsible for serious violations of international humanitarian law must be held accountable.
"We are horrified by the reports that more than 100 people were executed on May 2, in al-Bayda, reportedly by regime forces, including the Shabiha," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters while travelling with US President Barack Obama to Ohio.
"Those responsible for serious violations of international humanitarian law and serious violations and abuses of human rights law must be held accountable," Earnest said.
"As Bashar al-Assad (the Syrian President) continues to cling to power, we will not lose sight of the men, women and children who are being killed by his regime," he said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog