US horrified by reports of Syria massacre
Washington: Expressing deep concern over reports about execution of over 100 people in Syria last week, the US has said that those responsible for serious violations of international humanitarian law must be held accountable.
"We are horrified by the reports that more than 100 people were executed on May 2, in al-Bayda, reportedly by regime forces, including the Shabiha," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters while travelling with US President Barack Obama to Ohio.
"Those responsible for serious violations of international humanitarian law and serious violations and abuses of human rights law must be held accountable," Earnest said.
"As Bashar al-Assad (the Syrian President) continues to cling to power, we will not lose sight of the men, women and children who are being killed by his regime," he said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read