US horrified by reports of Syria massacre
Washington: Expressing deep concern over reports about execution of over 100 people in Syria last week, the US has said that those responsible for serious violations of international humanitarian law must be held accountable.
"We are horrified by the reports that more than 100 people were executed on May 2, in al-Bayda, reportedly by regime forces, including the Shabiha," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters while travelling with US President Barack Obama to Ohio.
"Those responsible for serious violations of international humanitarian law and serious violations and abuses of human rights law must be held accountable," Earnest said.
"As Bashar al-Assad (the Syrian President) continues to cling to power, we will not lose sight of the men, women and children who are being killed by his regime," he said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...