`US may kill NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden`
Washington: Former Representative Ron Paul has expressed fear over US` potential use of ` drone missiles` to kill whistleblower Edward Snowden for leaking classified information about US snooping programme.
Ron Paul has said that Americans live in an age where those who tell the truth about what the government is doing may face troubles, reports Huffington Post.
According to the report, Paul does not believe that Snowden is a traitor and is concerned about the manner in which US will convict him for the treason.
Paul, whose son Senator Rand Paul protested against the administration`s drone policy, expressed concern about those who destroy the Constitution and assassinate American citizens without trials and assume that`s the law of the land.
Snowden who in an attempt to escape US prosecution fled to Hong Kong was recently reported missing from hotel he was staying in rising concerns among his supporters.
Paul has a fan in Snowden as he had donated 250 dollars to her Presidential campaign twice in 2012, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened