US Navy ship collides with oil tanker in Gulf
Manama: The US Navy says one of its guided-missile destroyers collided with an oil tanker early on Sunday but that no one was injured in the accident.
The collision involving the USS Porter and the Panamanian-flagged bulk oil tanker M/V Otowasan occurred at approximately 1 am local time, the US Navy said in a statement.
The damage to the Porter is being evaluated and the incident is under investigation, the Navy added.
The USS Porter is on a scheduled deployment to the US 5th Fleet, which is based in Bahrain.
The Strait of Hormuz, located at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, is where one-fifth of the world`s oil is routed.
Tensions have risen there over Iran`s threats to block tanker traffic in retaliation for tighter sanctions by the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song