US Navy ship collides with oil tanker in Gulf
Manama: The US Navy says one of its guided-missile destroyers collided with an oil tanker early on Sunday but that no one was injured in the accident.
The collision involving the USS Porter and the Panamanian-flagged bulk oil tanker M/V Otowasan occurred at approximately 1 am local time, the US Navy said in a statement.
The damage to the Porter is being evaluated and the incident is under investigation, the Navy added.
The USS Porter is on a scheduled deployment to the US 5th Fleet, which is based in Bahrain.
The Strait of Hormuz, located at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, is where one-fifth of the world`s oil is routed.
Tensions have risen there over Iran`s threats to block tanker traffic in retaliation for tighter sanctions by the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog