Vietnam receives first Russian-made submarine
Hanoi: A heavy lift vessel carrying Vietnam`s first Russian-made submarine arrived in Vietnam late Tuesday after one-and-a half-month voyage from Russia`s St. Petersburg city.
The diesel powered submarine named Hanoi is the first of six 636 Kilo-class submarines that Vietnam buys from Russia to modernise its navy, Xinhua reported Wednesday citing Vietnam`s official news agency.
The submarines are being built at Admiralty Verfi Shipyards in St. Petersburg.
The submarine is able to operate at a maximum depth of 300 metres and at a range of 6,000-7, 500 nautical miles for 45 days and nights with 52 crew members. It is the best choice for reconnaissance and patrol.
By January 3, all the attached equipment of the submarine will be unloaded before it is released into the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam