Vietnam receives first Russian-made submarine
Hanoi: A heavy lift vessel carrying Vietnam`s first Russian-made submarine arrived in Vietnam late Tuesday after one-and-a half-month voyage from Russia`s St. Petersburg city.
The diesel powered submarine named Hanoi is the first of six 636 Kilo-class submarines that Vietnam buys from Russia to modernise its navy, Xinhua reported Wednesday citing Vietnam`s official news agency.
The submarines are being built at Admiralty Verfi Shipyards in St. Petersburg.
The submarine is able to operate at a maximum depth of 300 metres and at a range of 6,000-7, 500 nautical miles for 45 days and nights with 52 crew members. It is the best choice for reconnaissance and patrol.
By January 3, all the attached equipment of the submarine will be unloaded before it is released into the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing