Vietnam receives first Russian-made submarine
Hanoi: A heavy lift vessel carrying Vietnam`s first Russian-made submarine arrived in Vietnam late Tuesday after one-and-a half-month voyage from Russia`s St. Petersburg city.
The diesel powered submarine named Hanoi is the first of six 636 Kilo-class submarines that Vietnam buys from Russia to modernise its navy, Xinhua reported Wednesday citing Vietnam`s official news agency.
The submarines are being built at Admiralty Verfi Shipyards in St. Petersburg.
The submarine is able to operate at a maximum depth of 300 metres and at a range of 6,000-7, 500 nautical miles for 45 days and nights with 52 crew members. It is the best choice for reconnaissance and patrol.
By January 3, all the attached equipment of the submarine will be unloaded before it is released into the sea.
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?
- F-16s right platform for Pakistan's counter terrorism war: US
- In fight against impeachment, Brazil President Dilma Rousseff tries to win left support
- Uttarakhand forest fire: IAF's chopper MI-17 takes off from Nainital to drop water in affected areas - WATCH