Vietnam receives first Russian-made submarine
Hanoi: A heavy lift vessel carrying Vietnam`s first Russian-made submarine arrived in Vietnam late Tuesday after one-and-a half-month voyage from Russia`s St. Petersburg city.
The diesel powered submarine named Hanoi is the first of six 636 Kilo-class submarines that Vietnam buys from Russia to modernise its navy, Xinhua reported Wednesday citing Vietnam`s official news agency.
The submarines are being built at Admiralty Verfi Shipyards in St. Petersburg.
The submarine is able to operate at a maximum depth of 300 metres and at a range of 6,000-7, 500 nautical miles for 45 days and nights with 52 crew members. It is the best choice for reconnaissance and patrol.
By January 3, all the attached equipment of the submarine will be unloaded before it is released into the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state