Visually impaired UK couple marry after guide dogs `fell in love`
London: A visually impaired British couple who got together after their guide dogs "fell in love" at a canine training camp have tied the knot.
Claire Johnson, 50, and Mark Gaffey, 51, met in 2012 after their Labrador-Retrievers Venice and Rodd fell in love.
The pair guided their owners through the service in Barlaston, Stoke-on-Trent, yesterday and even acted as ring- bearers, the BBC reported on Sunday.
Johnson said she had "no doubt" the dogs had brought the couple together.
Their romance began on a two-week guide dog training course.
Johnson said Venice and Rodd had been the "class love story" throughout their training and were constantly "playing and nuzzling together".
"Everyone used to joke about how Mark`s dog Rodd and my dog Venice were meant to be together," she said.
After they were paired with the dogs, Johnson and Gaffey continued to meet for play dates because they "couldn`t bear" to split them up.
Their relationship developed and Gaffey proposed on Valentine`s Day last year.
Johnson said all four were now "best friends and soul mates."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional