Visually impaired UK couple marry after guide dogs `fell in love`
London: A visually impaired British couple who got together after their guide dogs "fell in love" at a canine training camp have tied the knot.
Claire Johnson, 50, and Mark Gaffey, 51, met in 2012 after their Labrador-Retrievers Venice and Rodd fell in love.
The pair guided their owners through the service in Barlaston, Stoke-on-Trent, yesterday and even acted as ring- bearers, the BBC reported on Sunday.
Johnson said she had "no doubt" the dogs had brought the couple together.
Their romance began on a two-week guide dog training course.
Johnson said Venice and Rodd had been the "class love story" throughout their training and were constantly "playing and nuzzling together".
"Everyone used to joke about how Mark`s dog Rodd and my dog Venice were meant to be together," she said.
After they were paired with the dogs, Johnson and Gaffey continued to meet for play dates because they "couldn`t bear" to split them up.
Their relationship developed and Gaffey proposed on Valentine`s Day last year.
Johnson said all four were now "best friends and soul mates."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA