William Hague labels UK as ‘No 1 terrorist destination’
London: British Foreign Secretary William Hague has said Britain has become the ‘No 1 destination’ for Islamists extremists seeking to hijack the popular uprisings across the Arab world.
Hague warned that Brits fighting Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria could return to carry out terrorist attacks in the UK.
According to the Daily Star, he also said that battle-hardened militants could soon pose a threat in the West.
He said that this includes individuals connected with the United Kingdom. They may return ideologically hardened, with experience of weapons and explosives, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!