William Hague labels UK as ‘No 1 terrorist destination’
London: British Foreign Secretary William Hague has said Britain has become the ‘No 1 destination’ for Islamists extremists seeking to hijack the popular uprisings across the Arab world.
Hague warned that Brits fighting Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria could return to carry out terrorist attacks in the UK.
According to the Daily Star, he also said that battle-hardened militants could soon pose a threat in the West.
He said that this includes individuals connected with the United Kingdom. They may return ideologically hardened, with experience of weapons and explosives, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination