William Hague labels UK as ‘No 1 terrorist destination’
London: British Foreign Secretary William Hague has said Britain has become the ‘No 1 destination’ for Islamists extremists seeking to hijack the popular uprisings across the Arab world.
Hague warned that Brits fighting Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria could return to carry out terrorist attacks in the UK.
According to the Daily Star, he also said that battle-hardened militants could soon pose a threat in the West.
He said that this includes individuals connected with the United Kingdom. They may return ideologically hardened, with experience of weapons and explosives, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened