William Hague labels UK as ‘No 1 terrorist destination’
London: British Foreign Secretary William Hague has said Britain has become the ‘No 1 destination’ for Islamists extremists seeking to hijack the popular uprisings across the Arab world.
Hague warned that Brits fighting Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria could return to carry out terrorist attacks in the UK.
According to the Daily Star, he also said that battle-hardened militants could soon pose a threat in the West.
He said that this includes individuals connected with the United Kingdom. They may return ideologically hardened, with experience of weapons and explosives, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery