Yemen: 100 al Qaeda fighters killed in south
Sanaa: Yemen`s interior ministry says more
than 100 al Qaeda-linked militants have been killed in the
past two days of fighting in the country`s south.
Yesterday`s statement comes as government troops are
waging an offensive in the southern Abyan and Lahj provinces
to rout militants from their hideouts. The area has seen heavy
battles in the past week after two subsequent militant attacks
on Yemeni army bases.
Large swaths in the country`s south have been overrun by
al-Qaeda and other militant groups who have taken advantage of
Yemen`s yearlong political turmoil.
The ministry`s figure could not be independently
confirmed. Earlier figures reported by a news agencysaid nearly 50 militants were killed in the last few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'