Yemen: 100 al Qaeda fighters killed in south
Sanaa: Yemen`s interior ministry says more
than 100 al Qaeda-linked militants have been killed in the
past two days of fighting in the country`s south.
Yesterday`s statement comes as government troops are
waging an offensive in the southern Abyan and Lahj provinces
to rout militants from their hideouts. The area has seen heavy
battles in the past week after two subsequent militant attacks
on Yemeni army bases.
Large swaths in the country`s south have been overrun by
al-Qaeda and other militant groups who have taken advantage of
Yemen`s yearlong political turmoil.
The ministry`s figure could not be independently
confirmed. Earlier figures reported by a news agencysaid nearly 50 militants were killed in the last few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding
- Summer health tips: How to stay energetic throughout the day!
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'
- Ravi Shastri accuses Sourav Ganguly of being disrespectful during the interview process
- China: 131 admitted to hospital after leak at chemical factory