Bad people gain if good don`t vote, says Pakistan poll chief
Islamabad: "When good people do not vote, bad people benefit," said Chief Election Commissioner Fakhruddin G. Ebrahim after casting his vote Saturday.
Ebrahim urged Pakistanis to go out and cast their vote, reported Geo News.
“When good people do not vote, bad people benefit,” Ebrahim told reporters.
Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry cast his vote and urged Pakistanis to leave their homes to vote.
He added that elections were proof the superiority of the constitution.
Ballotting began in Pakistan at 8 a.m. Saturday and will continue till 5 p.m.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!