Ashes 2013: 1st Test, Day 3 - Bell, Broad turn tide for England versus Australia
Zee Media Bureau
Nottingham: Ian Bell and Stuart Broad put England in a commanding position on Friday after they added unbeaten 108 runs for the seventh wicket on Day 3 of Ashes 2013.
While Bell was just five runs short of a well deserved century, Broad too contributed 47 runs, but his innings wasn’t flawless as he clearly edged a delivery from Agar to Michael Clarke at first slip but was given not out by the umpire. Australia were helpless as they had not reviews left.
Earlier in the day, skipper Alastair Cook (50) and Kevin Pietersen (64) extended their partnership for the fourth wicket to 110 runs before the latter was bowled by Pattinson.
England now lead by 261 runs and are in total command of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble