Ashes 2013: 1st Test, Day 3 - Bell, Broad turn tide for England versus Australia
Zee Media Bureau
Nottingham: Ian Bell and Stuart Broad put England in a commanding position on Friday after they added unbeaten 108 runs for the seventh wicket on Day 3 of Ashes 2013.
While Bell was just five runs short of a well deserved century, Broad too contributed 47 runs, but his innings wasn’t flawless as he clearly edged a delivery from Agar to Michael Clarke at first slip but was given not out by the umpire. Australia were helpless as they had not reviews left.
Earlier in the day, skipper Alastair Cook (50) and Kevin Pietersen (64) extended their partnership for the fourth wicket to 110 runs before the latter was bowled by Pattinson.
England now lead by 261 runs and are in total command of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...