Ashes 2013: 1st Test, Day 3 - Bell, Broad turn tide for England versus Australia
Zee Media Bureau
Nottingham: Ian Bell and Stuart Broad put England in a commanding position on Friday after they added unbeaten 108 runs for the seventh wicket on Day 3 of Ashes 2013.
While Bell was just five runs short of a well deserved century, Broad too contributed 47 runs, but his innings wasn’t flawless as he clearly edged a delivery from Agar to Michael Clarke at first slip but was given not out by the umpire. Australia were helpless as they had not reviews left.
Earlier in the day, skipper Alastair Cook (50) and Kevin Pietersen (64) extended their partnership for the fourth wicket to 110 runs before the latter was bowled by Pattinson.
England now lead by 261 runs and are in total command of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh