Ashes 2013: 1st Test, Day 3 - Bell, Broad turn tide for England versus Australia
Zee Media Bureau
Nottingham: Ian Bell and Stuart Broad put England in a commanding position on Friday after they added unbeaten 108 runs for the seventh wicket on Day 3 of Ashes 2013.
While Bell was just five runs short of a well deserved century, Broad too contributed 47 runs, but his innings wasn’t flawless as he clearly edged a delivery from Agar to Michael Clarke at first slip but was given not out by the umpire. Australia were helpless as they had not reviews left.
Earlier in the day, skipper Alastair Cook (50) and Kevin Pietersen (64) extended their partnership for the fourth wicket to 110 runs before the latter was bowled by Pattinson.
England now lead by 261 runs and are in total command of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands