Australia`s James Pattinson to miss rest of Ashes with injury
London: Australia fast bowler James Pattinson will miss the rest of the Ashes series against England with a back injury, Cricket Australia said on Monday.
"James Pattinson reported some hip and back soreness on the final day of the second Ashes test," Cricket Australia team doctor Peter Brukner said in a statement.
"We had some scans done today in London that have identified an early stage low back stress fracture. Unfortunately he will not take any further part in this test series and will commence a rehabilitation program with the aim to have him back for the Australian summer."
England are 2-0 up in the five-match series after completing a 347-run win on the fourth day of the second Test at Lord`s on Sunday. Pattinson took only two wickets in the match.
Australia`s team performance general manager Pat Howard said: "While we are obviously disappointed for James, the selectors have five bowlers fit and ready perform in England, providing them with many options.”
"It is also important to note that several players have been performing for Australia A and are available to be called up at any stage if the NSP (national selection panel) required them."
The third Test starts on August 1 at Old Trafford.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH