Ian Bell says England will face major `blow-up` if Matt Prior fails to recover `in time`
London: England`s summer Ashes hero Ian Bell has admitted that it would be a major `blow-up` for his side if vice-captain and wicketkeeper Matt Prior is not fit to play in the first Test of the winter Ashes series at the Gabba on November 21.
Prior, who has been ruled out of the final warm-up game against New South Wales XI after tearing a calf muscle, is now facing a race against time to make the opening clash against Australia in Brisbane.
According to the Daily Star, Bell said that England would be hampered if Prior does not make it even with Jonny Bairstow poised to replace him behind the stumps, adding that the glovesman is an `important bloke` in the dressing room both on and off the pitch.
Bell further said that if Prior plays, he would be a major part of their success, for which they all want him to recover in time for the Gabba Test, although he expressed pleasure at the fact that Bairstow will get an opportunity to showcase his talent after sitting on the sidelines so far during the tour, as a wicketkeeper against NSW in Sydney this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen