Matt Prior backs beleaguered umpires for doing `fantastic job` under pressure in first Ashes Test
London: England wicketkeeper Matt Prior has defended umpires following severe Ashes Test criticism, insisting umpires do a `fantastic job` under intense scrutiny, as Stuart Broad`s controversial not out decision receives comments from more players.
The International Cricket Council announced that seven mistakes were made by the umpiring team at Nottingham, although four were corrected by the decision review system and Australia were unable to challenge the Broad decision because they had already used their DRS allowance.
The report said that Prior admitted he had confidence in the umpires but was not so sure about the Hot Spot at Trent Bridge, adding that he was worried that Haddin`s final-ball edge would go undetected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read