Pietersen insists `will be fine` for first Ashes Test in Brisbane
Sydney: England`s star batsman Kevin Pietersen, who has flown to Melbourne for treatment on his knee injury, has said that he is fine and fans should relax.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Pietersen is downplaying the seriousness of the knee problem that has him in doubt for the first Test, as England`s Ashes preparation continues to be foiled by two things it can`t control, injury and weather.
England bowler Graeme Swann said that he had spoken to Prior and it seemed that he was just taking precautions, while Pietersen is expected to be fit too.
While Pietersen`s teammates left a sodden Hobart only to be greeted by more bleak weather in Sydney, the 33-year-old made a detour to Melbourne for scans and an injection for his chronic knee injury, the report said.
Pietersen took to Twitter on Sunday to allay fears the injury threatened to not only sideline him from the first Test but also affect his availability for the five- Test series, the report added.
He tweeted that he was fine and wrote relax under a hash-tag.
England expects him to be fit to pad up against an invitational side at the SCG, starting on Wednesday, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM