Pietersen insists `will be fine` for first Ashes Test in Brisbane
Sydney: England`s star batsman Kevin Pietersen, who has flown to Melbourne for treatment on his knee injury, has said that he is fine and fans should relax.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Pietersen is downplaying the seriousness of the knee problem that has him in doubt for the first Test, as England`s Ashes preparation continues to be foiled by two things it can`t control, injury and weather.
England bowler Graeme Swann said that he had spoken to Prior and it seemed that he was just taking precautions, while Pietersen is expected to be fit too.
While Pietersen`s teammates left a sodden Hobart only to be greeted by more bleak weather in Sydney, the 33-year-old made a detour to Melbourne for scans and an injection for his chronic knee injury, the report said.
Pietersen took to Twitter on Sunday to allay fears the injury threatened to not only sideline him from the first Test but also affect his availability for the five- Test series, the report added.
He tweeted that he was fine and wrote relax under a hash-tag.
England expects him to be fit to pad up against an invitational side at the SCG, starting on Wednesday, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!