Usman Khawaja might be dropped from fifth Ashes Test
Sydney: Oz media has indicated that batsman Usman Khawaja could be facing a batting oblivion after Phil Hughes replaced him in the tour game before the fifth Ashes Test at The Oval.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Khawaja`s place in the Australian top order was already under significant scrutiny only three matches into his trial in the troublesome No.3 slot.
Coach Darren Lehmann had earlier said that careers were on the line in the fifth Test at the Oval this week.
Meanwhile, Australia`s stand-in captain at the tour game, Shane Watson expressed that he wanted nothing to do with questions about the batting order and its implications, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16