Usman Khawaja might be dropped from fifth Ashes Test
Sydney: Oz media has indicated that batsman Usman Khawaja could be facing a batting oblivion after Phil Hughes replaced him in the tour game before the fifth Ashes Test at The Oval.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Khawaja`s place in the Australian top order was already under significant scrutiny only three matches into his trial in the troublesome No.3 slot.
Coach Darren Lehmann had earlier said that careers were on the line in the fifth Test at the Oval this week.
Meanwhile, Australia`s stand-in captain at the tour game, Shane Watson expressed that he wanted nothing to do with questions about the batting order and its implications, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert