Usman Khawaja might be dropped from fifth Ashes Test
Sydney: Oz media has indicated that batsman Usman Khawaja could be facing a batting oblivion after Phil Hughes replaced him in the tour game before the fifth Ashes Test at The Oval.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Khawaja`s place in the Australian top order was already under significant scrutiny only three matches into his trial in the troublesome No.3 slot.
Coach Darren Lehmann had earlier said that careers were on the line in the fifth Test at the Oval this week.
Meanwhile, Australia`s stand-in captain at the tour game, Shane Watson expressed that he wanted nothing to do with questions about the batting order and its implications, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy