Usman Khawaja might be dropped from fifth Ashes Test
Sydney: Oz media has indicated that batsman Usman Khawaja could be facing a batting oblivion after Phil Hughes replaced him in the tour game before the fifth Ashes Test at The Oval.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Khawaja`s place in the Australian top order was already under significant scrutiny only three matches into his trial in the troublesome No.3 slot.
Coach Darren Lehmann had earlier said that careers were on the line in the fifth Test at the Oval this week.
Meanwhile, Australia`s stand-in captain at the tour game, Shane Watson expressed that he wanted nothing to do with questions about the batting order and its implications, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye