Asia Cup 2014: India will miss Dhoni`s experience, says Misbah
Lahore: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq on Friday said that India will miss the experience of Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the upcoming Asia Cup, but insisted his side will not be taking the World Champions lightly as they remain a strong unit without their regular skipper.
"They will miss his experience and captaincy but Virat Kohli is a suitable replacement and India remains a strong challenge in the tournament," Misbah told reporters at the Gaddafi stadium.
"But India apart, I say again and again that all the teams in the Asia Cup remain strong challengers for the title," he said.
Dhoni was today ruled out of the Asia Cup yesterday due to a side-strain injury that he suffered during the second Test in New Zealand, paving the way for Virat Kohli to lead the side.
Misbah said that the players` confidence was high after recent performances in the One-dayers.
"Pakistan obviously goes into the competition with a winning momentum and having won the one-day series against South Africa and Sri Lanka we are confident that we can also beat India," he said.
"We have done well in recent series and we have a good combination for one-day cricket even though we will miss Muhammad Irfan in such a major competition."
"Conditions are similar for all the teams but we have a good bowling attack and that is our strongest point but obviously the batsmen have to support them with good scores," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price