Australian bowling prospect Pat Cummins set for return
Australian pace bowling prodigy Pat Cummins, who bagged a six-wicket haul on test debut in South Africa last year, will return to action next week after a four-month injury layoff.
The 18-year-old paceman took 6-79 in his one and only test to help Australia to victory at Wanderers last November but missed the entire domestic summer because of a bone stress injury in his foot.
Cricket Australia (CA) have made no secret of the fact that they have been erring on the side of caution in treating the youngster`s injuries and his return comes in an under-19 series also involving England, India and New Zealand in Queensland.
"Pat is at an advanced stage of his rehabilitation and we feel he will benefit from bowling in a competitive environment," CA physio Alex Kountouris said in a news release.
"He`ll be on a restricted program and is being taken to Townsville so we can continue his progression and introduce some competition time.
"He won`t play in every match or bowl his full allocation of overs, but will undertake a program that will allow us to carefully manage his involvement in the squad`s training and matches."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon