Australian bowling prospect Pat Cummins set for return
Australian pace bowling prodigy Pat Cummins, who bagged a six-wicket haul on test debut in South Africa last year, will return to action next week after a four-month injury layoff.
The 18-year-old paceman took 6-79 in his one and only test to help Australia to victory at Wanderers last November but missed the entire domestic summer because of a bone stress injury in his foot.
Cricket Australia (CA) have made no secret of the fact that they have been erring on the side of caution in treating the youngster`s injuries and his return comes in an under-19 series also involving England, India and New Zealand in Queensland.
"Pat is at an advanced stage of his rehabilitation and we feel he will benefit from bowling in a competitive environment," CA physio Alex Kountouris said in a news release.
"He`ll be on a restricted program and is being taken to Townsville so we can continue his progression and introduce some competition time.
"He won`t play in every match or bowl his full allocation of overs, but will undertake a program that will allow us to carefully manage his involvement in the squad`s training and matches."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM