Bangladesh set to formally announce tour to Pakistan in December
Islamabad: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has reportedly agreed to send its cricket team to Pakistan for three one-day internationals and two Twenty20s in December this year. According to media reports, new BCB president Nazmul Hasan will chair a meeting after which the tour will be announced, reports the Daily Times. Bangladesh was scheduled to tour Pakistan in April for a short series, but it was cancelled after its high court ordered the visit be suspended due to security concerns. International teams have avoided touring Pakistan since the 2009 attack by militants on the Sri Lanka team convoy in Lahore. However, hopes of hosting international games in the country were revived after two Twenty20 exhibition matches were successfully held in Karachi last weekend, where the International World XI comprising retired players from West Indies, South Africa and Sri Lanka took part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport