Bangladesh set to formally announce tour to Pakistan in December
Islamabad: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has reportedly agreed to send its cricket team to Pakistan for three one-day internationals and two Twenty20s in December this year. According to media reports, new BCB president Nazmul Hasan will chair a meeting after which the tour will be announced, reports the Daily Times. Bangladesh was scheduled to tour Pakistan in April for a short series, but it was cancelled after its high court ordered the visit be suspended due to security concerns. International teams have avoided touring Pakistan since the 2009 attack by militants on the Sri Lanka team convoy in Lahore. However, hopes of hosting international games in the country were revived after two Twenty20 exhibition matches were successfully held in Karachi last weekend, where the International World XI comprising retired players from West Indies, South Africa and Sri Lanka took part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!