Bangladesh set to formally announce tour to Pakistan in December
Islamabad: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has reportedly agreed to send its cricket team to Pakistan for three one-day internationals and two Twenty20s in December this year. According to media reports, new BCB president Nazmul Hasan will chair a meeting after which the tour will be announced, reports the Daily Times. Bangladesh was scheduled to tour Pakistan in April for a short series, but it was cancelled after its high court ordered the visit be suspended due to security concerns. International teams have avoided touring Pakistan since the 2009 attack by militants on the Sri Lanka team convoy in Lahore. However, hopes of hosting international games in the country were revived after two Twenty20 exhibition matches were successfully held in Karachi last weekend, where the International World XI comprising retired players from West Indies, South Africa and Sri Lanka took part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations