Sehwag clears fitness test, set to play 1st match vs KKR
Johannesburg: Senior opener Virender Sehwag will play in Delhi Daredevils` opening Champions League Twenty20 encounter against IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders at the Centurion on Saturday after he clearing the fitness test here today.
Sehwag, who suffered a ligament strain on his left ankle during India`s final Super Eights game against South Africa in Colombo recently.
"Virender Sehwag today appeared for a fitness test which was conducted by Kirk Russell. He cleared the test and was declared fit to play in the tournament from the start," a Delhi Daredevils official told PTI today.
Sehwag today also played a warm-up game against Sydney Sixers.
However the practice match didn`t go along expected lines for the out-of-form opener as he was yorked for nought by pacer Josh Hazlewood as Daredevils managed only 107 against the Big Bash champions.
Daredevils captain Mahela Jayawardene and star opener David Warner however didn`t play the game. While Warner was rested, Jayawardene had an appointment with the dentist and was unavilable for the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video