Sehwag clears fitness test, set to play 1st match vs KKR
Johannesburg: Senior opener Virender Sehwag will play in Delhi Daredevils` opening Champions League Twenty20 encounter against IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders at the Centurion on Saturday after he clearing the fitness test here today.
Sehwag, who suffered a ligament strain on his left ankle during India`s final Super Eights game against South Africa in Colombo recently.
"Virender Sehwag today appeared for a fitness test which was conducted by Kirk Russell. He cleared the test and was declared fit to play in the tournament from the start," a Delhi Daredevils official told PTI today.
Sehwag today also played a warm-up game against Sydney Sixers.
However the practice match didn`t go along expected lines for the out-of-form opener as he was yorked for nought by pacer Josh Hazlewood as Daredevils managed only 107 against the Big Bash champions.
Daredevils captain Mahela Jayawardene and star opener David Warner however didn`t play the game. While Warner was rested, Jayawardene had an appointment with the dentist and was unavilable for the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?