De Villiers` surgery a success, on track to face Aussies
Cape Town: South Africa wicketkeeper AB de Villiers had successful surgery on his injured hand on Friday and should be fit to take on Australia next month, Cricket South Africa said.
"He will start light rehab on Monday and is on track to be ready for the upcoming tour against Australia," Saturday`s statement said.
De Villiers had a plate inserted into his left hand two years ago after breaking it while competing in the Indian Premier League, but it had recently caused discomfort forcing him to undergo more surgery.
South Africa will play three tests and three Twenty20 internationals against Australia, starting with the first five day game at Centurion on February 12.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know