De Villiers` surgery a success, on track to face Aussies
Cape Town: South Africa wicketkeeper AB de Villiers had successful surgery on his injured hand on Friday and should be fit to take on Australia next month, Cricket South Africa said.
"He will start light rehab on Monday and is on track to be ready for the upcoming tour against Australia," Saturday`s statement said.
De Villiers had a plate inserted into his left hand two years ago after breaking it while competing in the Indian Premier League, but it had recently caused discomfort forcing him to undergo more surgery.
South Africa will play three tests and three Twenty20 internationals against Australia, starting with the first five day game at Centurion on February 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray