‘Devastated’ White says he is ‘more than good enough’ to get ODI, T20 berth
Melbourne: Out of favour former Australian Twenty20 skipper Cameron White has reckoned that his form is good enough to retain him in the national squad.
“I still feel as though that at my best I`m more than good enough to get into the ODI and Twenty20 teams and I still hold hopes of playing Test cricket for Australia. I was pretty disappointed. It`s no one else`s fault. My performances weren`t good enough,” a daily quoted White, as saying.
“I`m devastated and disappointed. The only thing I can do now is get back to trying to play as well as I can for Victoria, go back and score some runs, lead the team as well as I can on and off the field, and fight my way back into Twenty20 and one-day selection,`` he added.
His statement comes after he was axed from Australia’s Twenty20 series against India.
White will captain Victoria in a Sheffield Shield clash with South Australia at Adelaide Oval.
He said another performance like his 5-59 in a Shield game against Queensland in December would help his chances for national selection.
On being asked if his international career was over, he expressed hope that he would regain his berth in all three forms of the game.
“It seems like it`s probably a fair way away at the moment, but I`m confident it is not over. I have faith in my ability,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez