‘Devastated’ White says he is ‘more than good enough’ to get ODI, T20 berth
Melbourne: Out of favour former Australian Twenty20 skipper Cameron White has reckoned that his form is good enough to retain him in the national squad.
“I still feel as though that at my best I`m more than good enough to get into the ODI and Twenty20 teams and I still hold hopes of playing Test cricket for Australia. I was pretty disappointed. It`s no one else`s fault. My performances weren`t good enough,” a daily quoted White, as saying.
“I`m devastated and disappointed. The only thing I can do now is get back to trying to play as well as I can for Victoria, go back and score some runs, lead the team as well as I can on and off the field, and fight my way back into Twenty20 and one-day selection,`` he added.
His statement comes after he was axed from Australia’s Twenty20 series against India.
White will captain Victoria in a Sheffield Shield clash with South Australia at Adelaide Oval.
He said another performance like his 5-59 in a Shield game against Queensland in December would help his chances for national selection.
On being asked if his international career was over, he expressed hope that he would regain his berth in all three forms of the game.
“It seems like it`s probably a fair way away at the moment, but I`m confident it is not over. I have faith in my ability,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla