‘Devastated’ White says he is ‘more than good enough’ to get ODI, T20 berth
Melbourne: Out of favour former Australian Twenty20 skipper Cameron White has reckoned that his form is good enough to retain him in the national squad.
“I still feel as though that at my best I`m more than good enough to get into the ODI and Twenty20 teams and I still hold hopes of playing Test cricket for Australia. I was pretty disappointed. It`s no one else`s fault. My performances weren`t good enough,” a daily quoted White, as saying.
“I`m devastated and disappointed. The only thing I can do now is get back to trying to play as well as I can for Victoria, go back and score some runs, lead the team as well as I can on and off the field, and fight my way back into Twenty20 and one-day selection,`` he added.
His statement comes after he was axed from Australia’s Twenty20 series against India.
White will captain Victoria in a Sheffield Shield clash with South Australia at Adelaide Oval.
He said another performance like his 5-59 in a Shield game against Queensland in December would help his chances for national selection.
On being asked if his international career was over, he expressed hope that he would regain his berth in all three forms of the game.
“It seems like it`s probably a fair way away at the moment, but I`m confident it is not over. I have faith in my ability,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control