Did not get any help from PCB, claims `banned` Kaneria
Islamabad: Banned Test leg-spinner Danish Kaneria has claimed that he did not receive any support from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), after his appeal against a life ban was rejected by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
The PCB recently convinced the International Cricket Council ( ICC) to form a sub-committee to review anti-corruption laws and also the ban term on Muhammad Amir, the Daily Times reports.
Stating that he was disappointed by PCB` willingness to speak up on behalf of players who have spent time in jail instead of him, the leg-spinner said that although he had tried several times to approach PCB for help but got no positive response.
Expressing his disgust at England`s decision to uphold his life ban for spot-fixing, Kaneria also claimed that he had been a victim of injustice and malafide intentions from the ECB, saying that there is still no evidence against him that he indulged in any spot fixing or introduced anyone to any player from Essex county.
According to the cricketer, he would now consult his lawyers on whether to file an appeal in the High Court in London, adding that he is in a mess and will still plead with the PCB to look into his case
However, ECB chief executive, Giles Clarke said that Kaneria had tried to create a team of fixers in county cricket and had established links with bookmakers , adding that the life ban appeal was dismissed because the player had shown no remorse or repentance for his act.
Clarke had also called on Kaneria to make a clean breast of the matter, adding that it was high time that he came out clean about his involvement in these corrupt activities and stopped misleading the Pakistan cricket fans with his empty protestations of innocence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic