Dilshan to miss SL-NZ first Test
Colombo: Sri Lanka suffered a big blow with opener Tillakaratne Dilshan being ruled out of the first Test against New Zealand starting in Galle from Saturday as he is yet to recover from his back injury.
The same injury had kept the batsman out of the last two ODIs against the Kiwis also.
Dilshan`s unbeaten century in the third One-dayer helped Sri Lanka take a winning lead in the five-match and rain affected series.
Sri Lankan team manager Charith Senanayake said Dimuth Karunaratne would replace Dilshan in the squad and would open the innings with Taranga Paranavithana.
The 24-year-old left handed batsman Karunaratne has earlier represented Sri Lanka in two ODIs, both during Sri Lanka`s tour of England in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”