Chanderpaul rescues Derbyshire
Derbyshire: West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul completed a first half-century for Derbyshire on the opening day of their first home match of the new LV County Championship season against Nottinghamshire.
Chanderpaul finished with an unbeaten 87 to help Derbyshire rally from a slump to reach 256 in testing conditions on Thursday.
Derbyshire lost Ross Whiteley and David Wainwright shortly after lunch to fall to 75-6 but Chanderpaul and Jon Clare sparked a revival.
They put on 96 in 24 overs, with Chanderpaul reaching his 50 off 79 balls with seven fours, before Stuart Broad who took four for 57, struck again, Jon Clare edging to first slip for a fine 49.
Tom Poynton soon followed for four, caught behind off Gurney at 181-8, but Palladino joined Chanderpaul in a stand of 68 for the ninth wicket before he was caught behind for 39.
Chanderpaul hit nine fours in his 153-ball innings, spending just short of four hours at the crease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Japan, China, S.Korea diplomats meet after North Korea launch
- Audio-Technica launches noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government