Chanderpaul rescues Derbyshire
Derbyshire: West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul completed a first half-century for Derbyshire on the opening day of their first home match of the new LV County Championship season against Nottinghamshire.
Chanderpaul finished with an unbeaten 87 to help Derbyshire rally from a slump to reach 256 in testing conditions on Thursday.
Derbyshire lost Ross Whiteley and David Wainwright shortly after lunch to fall to 75-6 but Chanderpaul and Jon Clare sparked a revival.
They put on 96 in 24 overs, with Chanderpaul reaching his 50 off 79 balls with seven fours, before Stuart Broad who took four for 57, struck again, Jon Clare edging to first slip for a fine 49.
Tom Poynton soon followed for four, caught behind off Gurney at 181-8, but Palladino joined Chanderpaul in a stand of 68 for the ninth wicket before he was caught behind for 39.
Chanderpaul hit nine fours in his 153-ball innings, spending just short of four hours at the crease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh