Sehwag to lead North Zone in Duleep trophy
New Delhi: Indian opener Virender Sehwag will lead the 15-member North Zone team in their Duleep Trophy match against West Zone scheduled to be held early next month at Chennai, the selectors said today.
The decision was taken in the zonal selection meeting which was held at the DDCA today.
Beside Sehwag, the team will also feature other big names of Indian cricket such as Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh, who are currently playing in the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
Ashok Vaswani will be the manager of the team, a DDCA release said.
The selection committee, however, said that that if the Indian team qualifies for the World Twenty20 final, then the top players will be replaced by other cricketers.
Sehwag will be replaced by I D Singh, Ghambir by Rahul Dewan and Kohli by Udey Kaul, while Vipul Sharma and Gurvinder Singh will replace Yuvraj and Harbhajan repectively, the release added.
The meeting was attended by Mohinder Amarnath (chairman), Chetan Chauhan (DDCA), Vikram Rathore (Punjab), Manzoor Ahmed Wazir (J&K), Rajeep Kaisi (HPCA), Aman Kumar (Haryana) anmd Sunil Dev (Convenor).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India