Sehwag to lead North Zone in Duleep trophy
New Delhi: Indian opener Virender Sehwag will lead the 15-member North Zone team in their Duleep Trophy match against West Zone scheduled to be held early next month at Chennai, the selectors said today.
The decision was taken in the zonal selection meeting which was held at the DDCA today.
Beside Sehwag, the team will also feature other big names of Indian cricket such as Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh, who are currently playing in the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
Ashok Vaswani will be the manager of the team, a DDCA release said.
The selection committee, however, said that that if the Indian team qualifies for the World Twenty20 final, then the top players will be replaced by other cricketers.
Sehwag will be replaced by I D Singh, Ghambir by Rahul Dewan and Kohli by Udey Kaul, while Vipul Sharma and Gurvinder Singh will replace Yuvraj and Harbhajan repectively, the release added.
The meeting was attended by Mohinder Amarnath (chairman), Chetan Chauhan (DDCA), Vikram Rathore (Punjab), Manzoor Ahmed Wazir (J&K), Rajeep Kaisi (HPCA), Aman Kumar (Haryana) anmd Sunil Dev (Convenor).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite