Sehwag to lead North Zone in Duleep trophy
New Delhi: Indian opener Virender Sehwag will lead the 15-member North Zone team in their Duleep Trophy match against West Zone scheduled to be held early next month at Chennai, the selectors said today.
The decision was taken in the zonal selection meeting which was held at the DDCA today.
Beside Sehwag, the team will also feature other big names of Indian cricket such as Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh, who are currently playing in the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.
Ashok Vaswani will be the manager of the team, a DDCA release said.
The selection committee, however, said that that if the Indian team qualifies for the World Twenty20 final, then the top players will be replaced by other cricketers.
Sehwag will be replaced by I D Singh, Ghambir by Rahul Dewan and Kohli by Udey Kaul, while Vipul Sharma and Gurvinder Singh will replace Yuvraj and Harbhajan repectively, the release added.
The meeting was attended by Mohinder Amarnath (chairman), Chetan Chauhan (DDCA), Vikram Rathore (Punjab), Manzoor Ahmed Wazir (J&K), Rajeep Kaisi (HPCA), Aman Kumar (Haryana) anmd Sunil Dev (Convenor).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today