The BCCI tournament committee has decided to kick start the current domestic season with the Duleep Trophy starting October 15 while the prestigious Ranji Trophy will start from December 7 and continue till March 12.
The Cricket Board (BCCI) has decided to invite title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches for six months only as it expects to earn considerably more from 2015 when the new Future Tours Programme of the ICC kicks in.
With another season of hectic cricket in progress, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today invited title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches.
The Indian squad for the five-match ODI series against England, scheduled after the conclusion of the ongoing five-Test rubber, would be picked here on August 7 by the national selection panel headed by Sandeep Patil.
Describing club cricket as the best form of cricket, legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar today said it teaches players the way to carry weaker member of a team.
Bowing to pressure from Youth Congress activists for its statements against Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over the Duleep Trophy final match here, the Kerala Cricket Association tendered an apology to him for "hurting his sentiments".
With unrelenting bad weather playing spoilsport, North Zone and South Zone were declared joint winners of the Duleep Trophy this year after the fifth day`s play of the final match was also called off without a ball being bowled on Monday.
Only 10 overs of play was possible on the second day of the Duleep Trophy final as North Zone enjoyed the upperhand reducing South Zone to 33 for two in the brief session post tea.
The first day` proceedings of the Duleep Trophy final between North Zone and South Zone was called off without a ball being bowled due to heavy outfield which was not conducive for competitive cricket.
Test specialist Pragyan Ojha`s deadly spell (6/48) of left-arm spin bowling enabled South Zone record a crushing innings and 38 runs victory over Central Zone to clinch a place in the Duleep Trophy final.
Skipper Abhinav Mukund and Baba Aparajith smashed hundreds as South Zone took a firm grip of the Duleep trophy semifinal against Central Zone by reaching 479/9, which gave them a 258-run lead on the third and penultimate day of the match on Saturday.
Ian Dev Singh posted a scintillating 145, while Rajat Paliwal and Nitin Saini also scored unbeaten centuries as North Zone amassed a mamoth 591 for eight declared in their first innings against East Zone on the third day of the Duleep Trophy on Saturday.
South Zone took a commanding position in the Duleep Trophy semifinal as they skittled out Central Zone for a mere 209 before reaching 137 for two in reply on the second day of the match, on Friday.
After notching up a massive win over West Zone last week, South Zone will look for an encore when they clash with last year`s finalists, Central Zone in the second semifinal of the Duleep Trophy here on Thursday.
Fresh from his exploits that helped Mumbai Indians clinch the Champions League Twenty20, Harbhajan Singh is confident of carrying his good form into the longer format as he leads North Zone against defending champions East Zone in Duleep Trophy semi-final, starting here on Thursday.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Watch: Dress rehearsal for oath-taking ceremony of President-elect Ram Nath Kovind
- Watch: Alarming report on 'wrong-side driving' in India
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- UP government wants 'VIP' lanes at toll plazas
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Naresh Agarwal issues notice against media for reporting his controversial statement in Parliament
- Basirhat: International Muslim Conference scheduled for today cancelled
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Indian rifleman martyred in Pakistan's ceasefire violation in Rajouri, J&K
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to attend PM Modi's dinner for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, passes away
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- International Champions Cup: Manchester United vs Real Madrid – Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time in IST
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- WATCH: MS Dhoni hits three consecutive 6s in TNPL six-hitting competition
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- President Pranab Mukherjee gets nostalgic in farewell speech, says 'I leave with tinge of sadness and rainbow of memories'
- Dangerous swimming! These boys perform daredevil dives - This video has over 46 lakh views: Watch
- Shankersinh Vaghela quits as Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly- Read his resignation letter to Sonia Gandhi