The BCCI tournament committee has decided to kick start the current domestic season with the Duleep Trophy starting October 15 while the prestigious Ranji Trophy will start from December 7 and continue till March 12.
The Cricket Board (BCCI) has decided to invite title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches for six months only as it expects to earn considerably more from 2015 when the new Future Tours Programme of the ICC kicks in.
With another season of hectic cricket in progress, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today invited title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches.
The Indian squad for the five-match ODI series against England, scheduled after the conclusion of the ongoing five-Test rubber, would be picked here on August 7 by the national selection panel headed by Sandeep Patil.
Describing club cricket as the best form of cricket, legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar today said it teaches players the way to carry weaker member of a team.
Bowing to pressure from Youth Congress activists for its statements against Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over the Duleep Trophy final match here, the Kerala Cricket Association tendered an apology to him for "hurting his sentiments".
With unrelenting bad weather playing spoilsport, North Zone and South Zone were declared joint winners of the Duleep Trophy this year after the fifth day`s play of the final match was also called off without a ball being bowled on Monday.
Only 10 overs of play was possible on the second day of the Duleep Trophy final as North Zone enjoyed the upperhand reducing South Zone to 33 for two in the brief session post tea.
The first day` proceedings of the Duleep Trophy final between North Zone and South Zone was called off without a ball being bowled due to heavy outfield which was not conducive for competitive cricket.
Test specialist Pragyan Ojha`s deadly spell (6/48) of left-arm spin bowling enabled South Zone record a crushing innings and 38 runs victory over Central Zone to clinch a place in the Duleep Trophy final.
Skipper Abhinav Mukund and Baba Aparajith smashed hundreds as South Zone took a firm grip of the Duleep trophy semifinal against Central Zone by reaching 479/9, which gave them a 258-run lead on the third and penultimate day of the match on Saturday.
Ian Dev Singh posted a scintillating 145, while Rajat Paliwal and Nitin Saini also scored unbeaten centuries as North Zone amassed a mamoth 591 for eight declared in their first innings against East Zone on the third day of the Duleep Trophy on Saturday.
South Zone took a commanding position in the Duleep Trophy semifinal as they skittled out Central Zone for a mere 209 before reaching 137 for two in reply on the second day of the match, on Friday.
After notching up a massive win over West Zone last week, South Zone will look for an encore when they clash with last year`s finalists, Central Zone in the second semifinal of the Duleep Trophy here on Thursday.
Fresh from his exploits that helped Mumbai Indians clinch the Champions League Twenty20, Harbhajan Singh is confident of carrying his good form into the longer format as he leads North Zone against defending champions East Zone in Duleep Trophy semi-final, starting here on Thursday.
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- 7th Pay Commission: Final decision on allowances on June 28; HRA rate likely to be capped at 27%
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- LIVE Australian Open Super Series Final: Kidambi Srikanth beats Chen Long 22-20, 21-16
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Sheep gives birth to 'half-human half-animal' lamb in South Africa
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions