The BCCI tournament committee has decided to kick start the current domestic season with the Duleep Trophy starting October 15 while the prestigious Ranji Trophy will start from December 7 and continue till March 12.
The Cricket Board (BCCI) has decided to invite title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches for six months only as it expects to earn considerably more from 2015 when the new Future Tours Programme of the ICC kicks in.
With another season of hectic cricket in progress, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today invited title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches.
The Indian squad for the five-match ODI series against England, scheduled after the conclusion of the ongoing five-Test rubber, would be picked here on August 7 by the national selection panel headed by Sandeep Patil.
Describing club cricket as the best form of cricket, legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar today said it teaches players the way to carry weaker member of a team.
Bowing to pressure from Youth Congress activists for its statements against Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over the Duleep Trophy final match here, the Kerala Cricket Association tendered an apology to him for "hurting his sentiments".
With unrelenting bad weather playing spoilsport, North Zone and South Zone were declared joint winners of the Duleep Trophy this year after the fifth day`s play of the final match was also called off without a ball being bowled on Monday.
Only 10 overs of play was possible on the second day of the Duleep Trophy final as North Zone enjoyed the upperhand reducing South Zone to 33 for two in the brief session post tea.
The first day` proceedings of the Duleep Trophy final between North Zone and South Zone was called off without a ball being bowled due to heavy outfield which was not conducive for competitive cricket.
Test specialist Pragyan Ojha`s deadly spell (6/48) of left-arm spin bowling enabled South Zone record a crushing innings and 38 runs victory over Central Zone to clinch a place in the Duleep Trophy final.
Skipper Abhinav Mukund and Baba Aparajith smashed hundreds as South Zone took a firm grip of the Duleep trophy semifinal against Central Zone by reaching 479/9, which gave them a 258-run lead on the third and penultimate day of the match on Saturday.
Ian Dev Singh posted a scintillating 145, while Rajat Paliwal and Nitin Saini also scored unbeaten centuries as North Zone amassed a mamoth 591 for eight declared in their first innings against East Zone on the third day of the Duleep Trophy on Saturday.
South Zone took a commanding position in the Duleep Trophy semifinal as they skittled out Central Zone for a mere 209 before reaching 137 for two in reply on the second day of the match, on Friday.
After notching up a massive win over West Zone last week, South Zone will look for an encore when they clash with last year`s finalists, Central Zone in the second semifinal of the Duleep Trophy here on Thursday.
Fresh from his exploits that helped Mumbai Indians clinch the Champions League Twenty20, Harbhajan Singh is confident of carrying his good form into the longer format as he leads North Zone against defending champions East Zone in Duleep Trophy semi-final, starting here on Thursday.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- DNA: Today in History | October 26, 2016
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny
- Misbah-ul-Haq sends England wicket-keeper and slip fielder wrong way with fake shot – Watch