The BCCI tournament committee has decided to kick start the current domestic season with the Duleep Trophy starting October 15 while the prestigious Ranji Trophy will start from December 7 and continue till March 12.
The Cricket Board (BCCI) has decided to invite title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches for six months only as it expects to earn considerably more from 2015 when the new Future Tours Programme of the ICC kicks in.
With another season of hectic cricket in progress, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today invited title sponsorship bids for its international and domestic matches.
The Indian squad for the five-match ODI series against England, scheduled after the conclusion of the ongoing five-Test rubber, would be picked here on August 7 by the national selection panel headed by Sandeep Patil.
Describing club cricket as the best form of cricket, legendary cricketer Sunil Gavaskar today said it teaches players the way to carry weaker member of a team.
Bowing to pressure from Youth Congress activists for its statements against Union Minister Shashi Tharoor over the Duleep Trophy final match here, the Kerala Cricket Association tendered an apology to him for "hurting his sentiments".
With unrelenting bad weather playing spoilsport, North Zone and South Zone were declared joint winners of the Duleep Trophy this year after the fifth day`s play of the final match was also called off without a ball being bowled on Monday.
Only 10 overs of play was possible on the second day of the Duleep Trophy final as North Zone enjoyed the upperhand reducing South Zone to 33 for two in the brief session post tea.
The first day` proceedings of the Duleep Trophy final between North Zone and South Zone was called off without a ball being bowled due to heavy outfield which was not conducive for competitive cricket.
Test specialist Pragyan Ojha`s deadly spell (6/48) of left-arm spin bowling enabled South Zone record a crushing innings and 38 runs victory over Central Zone to clinch a place in the Duleep Trophy final.
Skipper Abhinav Mukund and Baba Aparajith smashed hundreds as South Zone took a firm grip of the Duleep trophy semifinal against Central Zone by reaching 479/9, which gave them a 258-run lead on the third and penultimate day of the match on Saturday.
Ian Dev Singh posted a scintillating 145, while Rajat Paliwal and Nitin Saini also scored unbeaten centuries as North Zone amassed a mamoth 591 for eight declared in their first innings against East Zone on the third day of the Duleep Trophy on Saturday.
South Zone took a commanding position in the Duleep Trophy semifinal as they skittled out Central Zone for a mere 209 before reaching 137 for two in reply on the second day of the match, on Friday.
After notching up a massive win over West Zone last week, South Zone will look for an encore when they clash with last year`s finalists, Central Zone in the second semifinal of the Duleep Trophy here on Thursday.
Fresh from his exploits that helped Mumbai Indians clinch the Champions League Twenty20, Harbhajan Singh is confident of carrying his good form into the longer format as he leads North Zone against defending champions East Zone in Duleep Trophy semi-final, starting here on Thursday.
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP wins big, thanks Delhiites for faith in party
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- MCD Election Results 2017: Role of Muslims in BJP's victory in Delhi
- AAP's Sanjay Singh resigns as Punjab incharge after Delhi rout
- Reason behind AAP losing MCD elections - Watch
- Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar appointed new DG CRPF
- UP: Muslim woman gets triple talaq via speed post in Amroha
- Bollywood actor and BJP MP Vinod Khanna passes away at 70
- Watch - Canadian woman stuck on crane being rescued by Toronto firefighter!
- Anna Hazare slams Arvind Kejriwal, says there's difference between his action and words
- DNA: Comparison between Army and CRPF's preparation for different operations
- Vinod Khanna's last rites performed in Mumbai, stars pay respect
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results declared. Check cgbse.nic.in, results.cg.nic.in
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared today; check jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results to be declared today at cgbse.nic.in
- Vinod Khanna dies of cancer – All you need to know about the condition that killed the veteran actor
- Actor-politician Vinod Khanna passes away
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared on April 27; check jeemain.nic.in
- Britain reduced India to one of the "poorest, illiterate and diseased places on Earth", need a museum to educate children: Shashi Tharoor
- Spat between world's heaviest woman Eman's kin & doctors gets murkier, mother releases new video
- Harbhajan Singh accuses Jet Airways pilot of racism; airline apologises, derosters accused
- Udaipur boy Kalpit Veerval tops JEE-Main exam, creates history with 360/360 score
- Pakistan rejects India's request for consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav, says it is meant for prisoners, not spies
- THIS decision proved master stroke for BJP in MCD elections
- Salman Khan’s TV show may replace ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’?
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' frenzy – Planning to book tickets? You might have to go through all this