Inter-state U-16 Coca Cola Cricket Cup begins on Wednesday
New Delhi: Ten schools have qualified for the inter-state round of the Under-16 Coca Cola Cricket Cup which begins here from April 24.
The commencement of the inter-state leg was announced here today by Wasim Basir, Director Integrated Marketing and Communication of Coca Cola in the presence of P N Sankaran, Director Operations, Procam International, and Martin Gleeson, Technical Advisor of Cricket India Academy.
The inaugural match will be played between Salwan Boys Sr Secondary from Delhi and DAV Sr Secondary School from Punjab on April 24.
The matches will be played in six venues in Delhi.
This initiative is undertaken by Coca-Cola India and is being promoted by Procam International.
After the tournament, 24 players will be shortlisted for an intensive seven-day coaching clinic to be conducted by coaches from the Cricket Indian Academy (CIA).
Out of the 24, a Coca-Cola XI team will be selected to travel to Sri Lanka and play a three-match series against the Sri Lankan national Under-16 side from May 27 to June 3.
Finally, three players will be chosen and they will train in England through a scholarship.
The champion school of the Coca Cola Cricket Cup will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh, while the runner-up school team will be awarded Rs 70,000.
Speaking on the occasion, Wasim Basir said, "It gives us immense pleasure that many talented young players have been identified at the grassroots level and will now get groomed to go on to play bigger league games in the future. We are certain that this foundation laid for nurturing cricketing talent in the country will go a long way in taking cricket to the next level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi