Inter-state U-16 Coca Cola Cricket Cup begins on Wednesday
New Delhi: Ten schools have qualified for the inter-state round of the Under-16 Coca Cola Cricket Cup which begins here from April 24.
The commencement of the inter-state leg was announced here today by Wasim Basir, Director Integrated Marketing and Communication of Coca Cola in the presence of P N Sankaran, Director Operations, Procam International, and Martin Gleeson, Technical Advisor of Cricket India Academy.
The inaugural match will be played between Salwan Boys Sr Secondary from Delhi and DAV Sr Secondary School from Punjab on April 24.
The matches will be played in six venues in Delhi.
This initiative is undertaken by Coca-Cola India and is being promoted by Procam International.
After the tournament, 24 players will be shortlisted for an intensive seven-day coaching clinic to be conducted by coaches from the Cricket Indian Academy (CIA).
Out of the 24, a Coca-Cola XI team will be selected to travel to Sri Lanka and play a three-match series against the Sri Lankan national Under-16 side from May 27 to June 3.
Finally, three players will be chosen and they will train in England through a scholarship.
The champion school of the Coca Cola Cricket Cup will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh, while the runner-up school team will be awarded Rs 70,000.
Speaking on the occasion, Wasim Basir said, "It gives us immense pleasure that many talented young players have been identified at the grassroots level and will now get groomed to go on to play bigger league games in the future. We are certain that this foundation laid for nurturing cricketing talent in the country will go a long way in taking cricket to the next level," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today