Karnataka beat Bengal in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
Indore: Bengal today concluded their campaign in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy going down to Karnataka by four wickets at Holkar Stadium here.
Chasing 152, Karnataka rode on a quickfire 51 (33 balls; 5x4, 2x6) from Lokesh Rahul to chase down the target in 19.2 overs.
India discard Robin Uthappa (41 from 35b; 5x4, 1x6) helped Karnataka recover from a jittery start when they were 37/2.
Later Rahul put on a 49-run fourth wicket partnership with Manish Pandey (20) to build the foundation before Stuart Binny steered the side home with an unbeaten 21 (18b; 1x4, 1x6).
Earlier, Bengal had a typical middle-order collapse after skipper Laxmi Ratan Shukla opted to bat as they were reduced to 74 for five with Sayan Sekhar Mondal only shining at the top of the order with an useful 42 (30b;5x4, 1x6)
The duo of Arnab Nandi (37 not out, 17b; 3x4, 3x6) and Debabrata Das (31, 24b; 2x4, 1x6) repaired the damage taking the side to a respectable total.
Bengal finished with eight points from 4 matches as they made an early exit alongwith defending champions Baroda (4/3) from group B.
Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab -- all with 12 points each from three matches each -- remain in the three-way race for the two berths for the last four.
Bengal 151/7; 20 overs (Sayan Sekhar Mondal 42, Arnab Nandi 37 not out, Debabrata Das 31; R Vinay Kumar 2/30, S L Akshay 2/24, Krishnappa Gowtham 2/26).
Karnataka 152/6; 19.2 overs (Lokesh Rahul 51, Robin Uthappa 41; Shami Ahmed 3/39, Mondal 2/26). Karnataka won by 4 wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015