Karnataka beat Bengal in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
Indore: Bengal today concluded their campaign in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy going down to Karnataka by four wickets at Holkar Stadium here.
Chasing 152, Karnataka rode on a quickfire 51 (33 balls; 5x4, 2x6) from Lokesh Rahul to chase down the target in 19.2 overs.
India discard Robin Uthappa (41 from 35b; 5x4, 1x6) helped Karnataka recover from a jittery start when they were 37/2.
Later Rahul put on a 49-run fourth wicket partnership with Manish Pandey (20) to build the foundation before Stuart Binny steered the side home with an unbeaten 21 (18b; 1x4, 1x6).
Earlier, Bengal had a typical middle-order collapse after skipper Laxmi Ratan Shukla opted to bat as they were reduced to 74 for five with Sayan Sekhar Mondal only shining at the top of the order with an useful 42 (30b;5x4, 1x6)
The duo of Arnab Nandi (37 not out, 17b; 3x4, 3x6) and Debabrata Das (31, 24b; 2x4, 1x6) repaired the damage taking the side to a respectable total.
Bengal finished with eight points from 4 matches as they made an early exit alongwith defending champions Baroda (4/3) from group B.
Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab -- all with 12 points each from three matches each -- remain in the three-way race for the two berths for the last four.
Bengal 151/7; 20 overs (Sayan Sekhar Mondal 42, Arnab Nandi 37 not out, Debabrata Das 31; R Vinay Kumar 2/30, S L Akshay 2/24, Krishnappa Gowtham 2/26).
Karnataka 152/6; 19.2 overs (Lokesh Rahul 51, Robin Uthappa 41; Shami Ahmed 3/39, Mondal 2/26). Karnataka won by 4 wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars