Parthiv takes West Zone to Deodhar Trophy final
Jaipur: Parthiv Patel smashed a 100-ball 90 to lead West Zone to a 91-run victory over East Zone and take his side to the Deodhar Trophy final here on Monday.
Electing to bat, captain Parthiv laid the foundation for his side`s 247 all out which they scored in 49.2 overs in the first semifinal at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
Wasim Jaffer and Cheteshwar Pujara contributed 34 and 49 respectively. For East Zone, paceman Varun Aaron took 5/47.
West Zone then bowled out East Zone for 156 in 41.1 overs with seamers Jaidev Unadkat and Ishwar Choudhary taking three wickets each.
West Zone: 247 all out in 49.2 overs (Parthiv Patel 90, Cheteshwar Pujara 49; Varun Aaron 5/47).
East Zone: 156 all out in 41.1 overs (Biplab Samantray 51, Manoj Tiwary 34; Jaidev Unadkat 3/14, Ishwar Choudhary 3/27).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city