Rajasthan 182/5 at stumps on Day 1 against Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhurv picked up three wickets to restrict Rajasthan to 182 for five in their first innings on the opening day of a Ranji Trophy Group A match here on Saturday.
Dhurv was the star for Gujarat, picking up three wickets for 47 runs on a low and slow pitch at the Sardar Patel stadium in Motera.
At stumps, Rajasthan captain Hrishikesh Kanitkar was unbeaten on 45 and giving him company was wicket-keeper Dishant Yagnik on 12.
Earlier opting to bat, Rajsathan lost their first four wickets inside the 100-run mark before Kanitkar and veteran Rashmi Parida (36) put on 74 runs for the fifth wicket to stabilise the innings.
Opener Sourabh Chouhan (42) also got a start but failed to capitalise on that.
Rajasthan 1st innings: 182 for five in 91 overs (Hrishikesh Kanitkar 45 not out, Sourabh Chouhan 42; Rakesh Dhurv 3/47).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'