Rajasthan 182/5 at stumps on Day 1 against Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhurv picked up three wickets to restrict Rajasthan to 182 for five in their first innings on the opening day of a Ranji Trophy Group A match here on Saturday.
Dhurv was the star for Gujarat, picking up three wickets for 47 runs on a low and slow pitch at the Sardar Patel stadium in Motera.
At stumps, Rajasthan captain Hrishikesh Kanitkar was unbeaten on 45 and giving him company was wicket-keeper Dishant Yagnik on 12.
Earlier opting to bat, Rajsathan lost their first four wickets inside the 100-run mark before Kanitkar and veteran Rashmi Parida (36) put on 74 runs for the fifth wicket to stabilise the innings.
Opener Sourabh Chouhan (42) also got a start but failed to capitalise on that.
Rajasthan 1st innings: 182 for five in 91 overs (Hrishikesh Kanitkar 45 not out, Sourabh Chouhan 42; Rakesh Dhurv 3/47).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured