Ranji Trophy, Mumbai vs Railways: Nayar scores century as Mumbai finish on 570
Mumbai: All-rounder Abhishek Nayar scored the third century of the innings for Mumbai as the hosts notched up a massive total of 570 against a lacklustre Railways bowling attack on the second day of the Ranji Trophy group league game here on Saturday.
At stumps, Railways were 86 for two in reply.
Nayar, who came in to bat following Sachin Tendulkar`s dismissal scored 107 off 164 deliveries. He struck 10 boundaries and 2 sixes in his knock and survived a chance at 86, when wicketkeeper Mahesh Rawat dropped a sharp chance of India discard Murali Kartik`s bowling.
The 29-year old hit a straight six off the same bowler later to reach his 8th first-class hundred. Ajinkya Rahane who was unbeaten on 105 yesterday added 24 more before seamer Krishna Kant Upadhyay trapped him leg before.
Railway lost both their openers Shivakant Shukla and Amit aunikar who couldn`t cash in on the dropped catches by Kaustubh Pawar at first slip.
Pawar then made amends and latched onto the catches directed at him off the bowling of skipper Ajit Agarkar.
Mumbai captain Agarkar made a smart move to replace Dhawal Kulkarni at the press box end and found success in his first over by dismissing Paunikar for 9 with the third ball of the over.
Two overs later, he got left-hander Shukla out for 18 in the same manner.
Railways captain Sanjay Bangar added a 55-run partnership with the No 3 Nitin Bhille. Bangar was unbeaten on 36 from 47 balls while Bhille ended the day on 21.
Brief Scores: Mumbai 1st Innings 570 (S Tendulkar 137, A Rahane 129, A Nayar 107, Anureet Singh 3/81, SS Shukla 3/53).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state