Ranji Trophy, Mumbai vs Railways: Nayar scores century as Mumbai finish on 570
Mumbai: All-rounder Abhishek Nayar scored the third century of the innings for Mumbai as the hosts notched up a massive total of 570 against a lacklustre Railways bowling attack on the second day of the Ranji Trophy group league game here on Saturday.
At stumps, Railways were 86 for two in reply.
Nayar, who came in to bat following Sachin Tendulkar`s dismissal scored 107 off 164 deliveries. He struck 10 boundaries and 2 sixes in his knock and survived a chance at 86, when wicketkeeper Mahesh Rawat dropped a sharp chance of India discard Murali Kartik`s bowling.
The 29-year old hit a straight six off the same bowler later to reach his 8th first-class hundred. Ajinkya Rahane who was unbeaten on 105 yesterday added 24 more before seamer Krishna Kant Upadhyay trapped him leg before.
Railway lost both their openers Shivakant Shukla and Amit aunikar who couldn`t cash in on the dropped catches by Kaustubh Pawar at first slip.
Pawar then made amends and latched onto the catches directed at him off the bowling of skipper Ajit Agarkar.
Mumbai captain Agarkar made a smart move to replace Dhawal Kulkarni at the press box end and found success in his first over by dismissing Paunikar for 9 with the third ball of the over.
Two overs later, he got left-hander Shukla out for 18 in the same manner.
Railways captain Sanjay Bangar added a 55-run partnership with the No 3 Nitin Bhille. Bangar was unbeaten on 36 from 47 balls while Bhille ended the day on 21.
Brief Scores: Mumbai 1st Innings 570 (S Tendulkar 137, A Rahane 129, A Nayar 107, Anureet Singh 3/81, SS Shukla 3/53).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door