England pacer Tremlett may undergo back surgery
London: England fast bowler Chris Tremlett will find out in the next 48 hours whether he needs back surgery to save his career.
According to The Sun, the six feet seven inch tall fast bowler is to visit two specialists this week and fears an operation and a long absence from the game will be required.
He flew home from England`s tour of the UAE last week after playing in the First Test — and team medics describes his injury as "chronic".
It means Ashes hero Tremlett`s future as an international bowler is in serious doubt at the age of 30.
He took 17 wickets in three Tests against the Aussies last winter during England`s first away Ashes triumph for 24 years.
But his old back pain returned last summer and a prolonged period of rest and rehab has not cured the problem.
England team physio Ben Langley said: "Scans have revealed various issues with Chris`` back — but we have to find out exactly what is causing the current problem.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users