Finn will bowl to ‘Ponting just like to a club third XI player’
Sydney: England’s 6 feet 8 inch fast bowler Steven Finn wants to treat Australian captain Ricky Ponting like a ‘club third XI player’ during the upcoming Ashes series.
Finn, who has played eight Tests so far, insists that the prospect of facing Ponting in his own backyard is not a daunting task for him.
“It’s important there is no fear. We hold The Ashes and go there after 18 months of good cricket. We can’t put this series on a pedestal though. We’ve performed well by having an atmosphere that every match is just another game of cricket,” the Sun quoted Finn, as saying.
“I grew up watching Ricky Ponting and he’s a great player. To be able to bowl at a player like that is a huge challenge.”
“Australia are always a solid team and they’re the old foe, but I don’t care who it is - a club third XI player or Ponting - I like to think I do things the same,” he added.
England’s tour of Australia gets under way on November 5 with a warm-up game against Western Australia.
The first of the five Ashes Tests will be held at The Gabba in Brisbane from November 25 to 29.
It will be followed by Tests in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.
The tour also has two Twenty20 clashes and a seven-match ODI series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf