Finn will bowl to ‘Ponting just like to a club third XI player’
Sydney: England’s 6 feet 8 inch fast bowler Steven Finn wants to treat Australian captain Ricky Ponting like a ‘club third XI player’ during the upcoming Ashes series.
Finn, who has played eight Tests so far, insists that the prospect of facing Ponting in his own backyard is not a daunting task for him.
“It’s important there is no fear. We hold The Ashes and go there after 18 months of good cricket. We can’t put this series on a pedestal though. We’ve performed well by having an atmosphere that every match is just another game of cricket,” the Sun quoted Finn, as saying.
“I grew up watching Ricky Ponting and he’s a great player. To be able to bowl at a player like that is a huge challenge.”
“Australia are always a solid team and they’re the old foe, but I don’t care who it is - a club third XI player or Ponting - I like to think I do things the same,” he added.
England’s tour of Australia gets under way on November 5 with a warm-up game against Western Australia.
The first of the five Ashes Tests will be held at The Gabba in Brisbane from November 25 to 29.
It will be followed by Tests in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.
The tour also has two Twenty20 clashes and a seven-match ODI series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what