Finn will bowl to ‘Ponting just like to a club third XI player’
Sydney: England’s 6 feet 8 inch fast bowler Steven Finn wants to treat Australian captain Ricky Ponting like a ‘club third XI player’ during the upcoming Ashes series.
Finn, who has played eight Tests so far, insists that the prospect of facing Ponting in his own backyard is not a daunting task for him.
“It’s important there is no fear. We hold The Ashes and go there after 18 months of good cricket. We can’t put this series on a pedestal though. We’ve performed well by having an atmosphere that every match is just another game of cricket,” the Sun quoted Finn, as saying.
“I grew up watching Ricky Ponting and he’s a great player. To be able to bowl at a player like that is a huge challenge.”
“Australia are always a solid team and they’re the old foe, but I don’t care who it is - a club third XI player or Ponting - I like to think I do things the same,” he added.
England’s tour of Australia gets under way on November 5 with a warm-up game against Western Australia.
The first of the five Ashes Tests will be held at The Gabba in Brisbane from November 25 to 29.
It will be followed by Tests in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.
The tour also has two Twenty20 clashes and a seven-match ODI series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster