Finn will bowl to ‘Ponting just like to a club third XI player’
Sydney: England’s 6 feet 8 inch fast bowler Steven Finn wants to treat Australian captain Ricky Ponting like a ‘club third XI player’ during the upcoming Ashes series.
Finn, who has played eight Tests so far, insists that the prospect of facing Ponting in his own backyard is not a daunting task for him.
“It’s important there is no fear. We hold The Ashes and go there after 18 months of good cricket. We can’t put this series on a pedestal though. We’ve performed well by having an atmosphere that every match is just another game of cricket,” the Sun quoted Finn, as saying.
“I grew up watching Ricky Ponting and he’s a great player. To be able to bowl at a player like that is a huge challenge.”
“Australia are always a solid team and they’re the old foe, but I don’t care who it is - a club third XI player or Ponting - I like to think I do things the same,” he added.
England’s tour of Australia gets under way on November 5 with a warm-up game against Western Australia.
The first of the five Ashes Tests will be held at The Gabba in Brisbane from November 25 to 29.
It will be followed by Tests in Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.
The tour also has two Twenty20 clashes and a seven-match ODI series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown