Four injured as wire mesh falls during 3rd ODI at Motera
Ahmedabad: Four persons, including a woman watching the third ODI between India and West Indies, were injured when metal wire mesh on the roof of the Sardar Patel Stadium at Motera fell on them, police said on Monday.
The incident took place during the West Indies innings when a portion of the net made of iron that was fitted on the roof to distract birds fell on the spectators in one of the upper pavilion stands near Gate 4, they said.
The metal wire net fell off as it was rusted, police added.
According to police, the injured were taken to hospital where they were discharged after treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!