Four injured as wire mesh falls during 3rd ODI at Motera
Ahmedabad: Four persons, including a woman watching the third ODI between India and West Indies, were injured when metal wire mesh on the roof of the Sardar Patel Stadium at Motera fell on them, police said on Monday.
The incident took place during the West Indies innings when a portion of the net made of iron that was fitted on the roof to distract birds fell on the spectators in one of the upper pavilion stands near Gate 4, they said.
The metal wire net fell off as it was rusted, police added.
According to police, the injured were taken to hospital where they were discharged after treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion