Gambhir rushed to hospital for medical examination
London: Indian opener Gautam Gambhir was on Saturday rushed to a local hospital for a pre-cautionary medical check-up for mild concussion after he hurt himself on the second day of the fourth and final cricket Test against England here.
Gambhir`s head hit the ground hard while attempting a catch yesterday and as he was feeling uncomfortable this morning, he was taken to the hospital for a scan.
Rahul Dravid opened in the Indian reply along with Virender Sehwag after England declared their first innings at 591 for six.
"Gautam Gambhir had a mild concussion when he hit the ground while attempting to catch a ball yesterday. As he was continuing to feel uncomfortable this morning, he was sent for a precautionary scan. The medical examination is underway," a BCCI release said.
Gambhir had also missed the second Test at Trent Bridge after he was hit on his left elbow by a sweep shot by England wicketkeeper Matt Prior in the first match at Lord`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!