Gambhir rushed to hospital for medical examination
London: Indian opener Gautam Gambhir was on Saturday rushed to a local hospital for a pre-cautionary medical check-up for mild concussion after he hurt himself on the second day of the fourth and final cricket Test against England here.
Gambhir`s head hit the ground hard while attempting a catch yesterday and as he was feeling uncomfortable this morning, he was taken to the hospital for a scan.
Rahul Dravid opened in the Indian reply along with Virender Sehwag after England declared their first innings at 591 for six.
"Gautam Gambhir had a mild concussion when he hit the ground while attempting to catch a ball yesterday. As he was continuing to feel uncomfortable this morning, he was sent for a precautionary scan. The medical examination is underway," a BCCI release said.
Gambhir had also missed the second Test at Trent Bridge after he was hit on his left elbow by a sweep shot by England wicketkeeper Matt Prior in the first match at Lord`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why