Gayle signs agreement with WICB
Jamaica: Chris Gayle has signed an agreement with the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) but there is still no clarity on the explosive opener`s return to the national side.
The agreement was brokered by CARICOM. Apart from the agreement, Gayle has written a `side-letter` to the WICB, its contents however were not disclosed.
"Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves (of St Vincent) provided a copy of Gayle`s `side letter`. The matter was discussed and the Board will respond to the Prime Minister shortly," a WICB release said. Gayle and WICB are at loggerheads since last year when in an interview the left-handed batsman criticised the Board and coach Ottis Gibson.
The Board had asked Gayle to retract his statement or apologise for his remarks. It was reported earlier that Gayle would do so.
The `Jamaica Gleaner` reported that the agreement, which was drafted by CARICOM in a bid to solve the impasse between the former captain and the Board, had been signed by the WICB a few weeks ago.
Gayle is contracted to represent Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL-V from April 4 to May 27 and Somerset in England`s domestic Twenty20 tournament later in the summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani