Graeme Swann ready for Ashes following `successful` elbow surgery
London: English cricketer Graeme Swann has declared himself completely fit and ready for the back-to-back Ashes series following his recovery from an elbow surgery, boosting England`s hopes of winning the urn again.
After missing the New Zealand tour, Swann`s recovery from surgery to remove 14 fragments from his elbow has gone according to plan, and he will step on to the field for county team Nottinghamshire on Monday.
Stating that he feels better than ever, England`s premier spin bowler and key Ashes campaigner said that his elbow is fine, adding that he has recovered completely from the surgery.
According to Swann, he was fed up of just practicing in the nets and wanted to get back in the main games, adding that he did not feel any discomfort while bowling with his elbow and felt confident and fresh.
Stating that he felt like a `superhero`, Swann, who has slimmed down considerably, quipped that he is such a great shape that his abs felt like an old Victorian radiator, adding that he has left behind many youngsters in a fitness test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you