Graeme Swann ready for Ashes following `successful` elbow surgery
London: English cricketer Graeme Swann has declared himself completely fit and ready for the back-to-back Ashes series following his recovery from an elbow surgery, boosting England`s hopes of winning the urn again.
After missing the New Zealand tour, Swann`s recovery from surgery to remove 14 fragments from his elbow has gone according to plan, and he will step on to the field for county team Nottinghamshire on Monday.
Stating that he feels better than ever, England`s premier spin bowler and key Ashes campaigner said that his elbow is fine, adding that he has recovered completely from the surgery.
According to Swann, he was fed up of just practicing in the nets and wanted to get back in the main games, adding that he did not feel any discomfort while bowling with his elbow and felt confident and fresh.
Stating that he felt like a `superhero`, Swann, who has slimmed down considerably, quipped that he is such a great shape that his abs felt like an old Victorian radiator, adding that he has left behind many youngsters in a fitness test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 43 civilians dead in bombardment of Syria rebel-held areas: Report
- Rain, traffic jam and kisses - This couple hogged the limelight on Delhi road: Watch
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Axe for Steven Finn, Jake Ball as hosts seek to level series
- MHA counters Delhi govt's claims on bureaucrats
- Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel engaged to supermodel Miranda Kerr