Hameed could be questioned by ICC’s ACSU
London: Merely disowning the match-fixing allegations he made against his Pakistan teammates would not be enough for Yasir Hameed as the opener could be questioned by the ICC`s Anti-Corruption and Security Unit for his statements in a tabloid sting operation.
In the video of the sting operation carried out by a British tabloid, Hameed had alleged that his teammates were "fixing almost every match" but later backtracked claiming that he was tricked into making the statements and blackmailed to stand by them by the undercover reporter who spoke to him.
But just a denial would not be of much help as the ACSU could ask him to explain the comments in the video, according to a report `The Daily Telegraph`.
"If Hameed is contacted by the ACSU he may have to face an independent commissioner who the ICC plan to appoint to head what will be the biggest ever probe into corruption in cricket," the newspaper reported.
But Hameed`s reliability as a potential witness in the corruption scandal that has shaken the foundations of the game has been questioned by his own teammates.
Pakistan`s ODI and Twenty20 captain Shahid Afridi has called him unreliable, saying ,"He (Hameed) is 30-31 but mentally he is 15-16."
"I don`t know who he was sitting with or in what situation he gave this message but we have know him for a long time. We know we can expect anything from him and he does this kind of thing. People know what type of character he is," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- This picture of an IAS officer has gone viral on social media - know why
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2016: Wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in class 10th X Result 2016 West Bengal Board is likely to be announced on May 10, 2016
- Four months after Pathankot terror attack, bodies of 4 terrorists buried
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict