Ian Bell named England`s 2013-14 player of year
London: Batsman Ian Bell was named on Monday as England`s player of the year for 2013-14 in recognition of his outstanding performances in the home Ashes series victory over Australia last season.
Bell made three centuries and two half centuries as England overcame the Australians 3-0 in the five-test series.
His 562 runs proved the difference between the sides with his 109 in the second test in Nottingham, his second Ashes century, helping his team to a 14-run victory.
Another century in the first innings of the second test at Lord`s paved the way for a crushing home win.
Bell, like his England team mates, suffered in the return Ashes series in Australia a few months later, however, failing to make a century as the tourists were thrashed 5-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket