Ian Bell named England`s 2013-14 player of year
London: Batsman Ian Bell was named on Monday as England`s player of the year for 2013-14 in recognition of his outstanding performances in the home Ashes series victory over Australia last season.
Bell made three centuries and two half centuries as England overcame the Australians 3-0 in the five-test series.
His 562 runs proved the difference between the sides with his 109 in the second test in Nottingham, his second Ashes century, helping his team to a 14-run victory.
Another century in the first innings of the second test at Lord`s paved the way for a crushing home win.
Bell, like his England team mates, suffered in the return Ashes series in Australia a few months later, however, failing to make a century as the tourists were thrashed 5-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why