Ian Bell named England`s 2013-14 player of year
London: Batsman Ian Bell was named on Monday as England`s player of the year for 2013-14 in recognition of his outstanding performances in the home Ashes series victory over Australia last season.
Bell made three centuries and two half centuries as England overcame the Australians 3-0 in the five-test series.
His 562 runs proved the difference between the sides with his 109 in the second test in Nottingham, his second Ashes century, helping his team to a 14-run victory.
Another century in the first innings of the second test at Lord`s paved the way for a crushing home win.
Bell, like his England team mates, suffered in the return Ashes series in Australia a few months later, however, failing to make a century as the tourists were thrashed 5-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Mumbai architect receives Rs 5 crore extortion call from gangster Ravi Pujari
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary hike to boost demand in consumer durables sector
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Lankan Navy damages seven boats of Tamil Nadu fishermen