Brit media backs Anderson to `step up to the plate` for CT victory over India
London: The English media has said that it believed that England bowling star James Anderson can step up to the plate and fire his team to victory against India in the ICC Champions Trophy final on Sunday.
England needed to build on their impressive semi-final display against South Africa if they are to upset the odds against India, it added that the onus lies with the hosts` bowlers to take a few early wickets in what could prove to be a pivotal opening 15 overs.
Anderson to step up to the plate at 9-4 to take most wickets for Alastair Cook`s men, given that he got his wicket against South Africa with his fifth ball, adding that he will be ready to scalp Indian batting star Shikhar Dhawan `s scalp with an early strike, which would give the 11-10 match odds a greater chance of coming in.
However, the tournament favourites India is playing with a real confidence and have been heavily backed since the start of the tournament as they are 8-11 to continue their consistent record on Sunday by winning the seventh and final edition of the competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands