ICC Champions Trophy Team of the Tournament `did not make sense`, says English media
London: The English media has slammed the panel charged with picking the ICC Champions Trophy Team of the Tournament, saying that it had become clear that one man`s star performer is another`s prize dud.
Although the Independent admitted that choosing teams is a tough job, it however, said that the team pickings did not make any sense given that six players were picked from one country and five from another.
According to the report, in the event, seven players were easily agreed but there was an emergency last-minute exchange of emails after the final, adding that the outcome was that Indian captain MS Dhoni went from not being in the team to being its captain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown