Indian women trounce Bangladesh in World T20
Sylhet: Indian women recorded their first win in the World Twenty20 with an easy 79-run victory over Bangladesh here Sunday.
India, who lost their first two matches to Sri Lanka and England, dominated the proceedings right from the word go.
Winning the toss, India elected to bat and openers Mithali Raj (41) and Harmanpreet Kaur (77) gave the team a dream start.
A 107-run partnership for the first wicket between the two put India in the driver`s seat but a poor display by the middle order saw India being restricted to 151 for five in 20 overs.
In reply, the Bangladeshi women found themselves in trouble from the very outset.
Wickets tumbled at regular intervals and Bangladesh could manage a meagre 72 for eight in 20 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in