Sand bunkers, watch towers for Eden Test
Kolkata: Sand bunkers and watch towers would be in place at strategic locations as part of security measures for the third cricket Test match against England Dec 5-9, local organisers said here on Friday.
"There will be a total of ten sand bunkers and seven watch towers," said a top Cricket Association of Bengal official after a security meeting with the city police officers.
Senior police officers Friday carried out a security inspection of the venue and expressed satisfaction with the ongoing work.
"Everything is ok," said Joint Commissioner of Police (headquarters) Jawed Shamim.
However, with some structural work yet to be completed, the city police would make the final inspection Dec 3.
CAB officials have suggested that the spectators be allowed to bring soft food like luchis and sandesh which can be brought to the ground wrapped in paper foils. "However, items like apples will not be allowed," said CAB treasurer Biswarup Dey.
The final decision will be taken by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley