Pak should target part-time Indian bowlers: Mushtaq Ahmed
Karachi: Former spinner Mushtaq Ahmed has attributed India`s poor run in recent matches to lack of bowling resources and advised Pakistan batsmen to target part-time Indian bowlers in the ongoing limited-overs series between the two sides.
"India has problems with their bowling and they are short of quality bowlers at this level for all formats. I think after winning the first T20 match Pakistan will now be very confident and they should target the Indian bowlers throughout the series," Mushtaq said in an interview.
Mushtaq advised Pakistan batsmen to target part-time Indian bowlers on whom they are heavily dependent and termed the ongoing series as the best chance to beat India at home.
"In the shorter format India is having problems because of dependence on part-time bowlers or allrounders. Pakistan must target these bowlers.
"They played Yuvraj Singh very well in Bangalore like England did in the second T20 match. Yuvraj is not as dangerous when you play him on the back foot," Mushtaq, who is also England`s bowling coach, said.
England recently defeated India 2-1 at home to win the four match Test series after a gap of 28 years. Indian batsmen failed miserably against a quality English bowling attack.
"Credit goes to the English players. None of them showed any ego problems and listened to any advice I gave to them. More importantly they kept their nerves throughout the tour. In India, it is all about how well you handle your nerves under pressure," the leg-spinner said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!