India can’t take Australia lightly in ODI series
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The seven-match long ODI series between India and Australia will kick start from Sunday at Pune. And after winning the one-off Twenty20, Indian Team must be high on confidence.
Though the Australian team looks vulnerable on papers in front of their opponents for the ODI series, yet they still have the potential to give India a run for their money.
George Bailey led team has only two players -- Mitchell Johnson and Shane Watson -- who have a good international experience, as they have featured in more than hundred ODIs. In fact these two have played many matches in India against the home team. It means their experience can be handy during the series. Apart from that wicketkeeper batsman Brad Haddin is also an experienced customer with having 96 ODI matches under his belt.
Australian team faced a big blow even before the start of the series, when their skipper Michael Clarke ruled him out due to the chronic back problem. His absence is surely going to be felt by the Kangaroos but despite that they have a few match- winners that can do wonders for this comparatively less experienced Aussie team.
Indian Premier League and recently concluded Champions Trophy also had many Australian players and that experience of playing along and against the Indian players and playing on Indian tracks would also come handy.
This Aussie team has players like James Faulkner, Glenn Maxwell and destructive opener Aaron Finch who have the capacity to change the course of the game single handedly.
Rohit Sharma’s recently stated comment makes it even clear. “They are a very competitive side with most of their players having featured in the IPL and the Champions League. They know the Indian conditions well. We can`t get complacent against them. Australia on a given day are very dangerous side."
So even after having a less experienced team India can’t take this series lightly as Australians have it in their blood to fight till the very end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?