Skipper Dhoni wants Indian squad exposed to English conditions
Johannesburg: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has insisted that he wants the squad exposed to the English conditions during the remainder of their five-match series against England after the first Test ended in a draw.
The tourists ground out a draw, on a pitch that was arguably slower and lower than many Indian surfaces, against England in the first Test at Trent Bridge on Sunday.
Dhoni said that he always has maintained that when one comes to a country they want to play on a wicket that is the specialty of that country, Sport24 reported.
The skipper said that there is no fun in going to India and having a flat wicket where people can score 200 or 250 runs, but it`s very good if one scores a hundred on a turning track.
The wicketkeeper-batsman said that England is not known for fast wickets but there it is more about swing and overcast conditions and that he added is the specialty there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel