Skipper Dhoni wants Indian squad exposed to English conditions
Johannesburg: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has insisted that he wants the squad exposed to the English conditions during the remainder of their five-match series against England after the first Test ended in a draw.
The tourists ground out a draw, on a pitch that was arguably slower and lower than many Indian surfaces, against England in the first Test at Trent Bridge on Sunday.
Dhoni said that he always has maintained that when one comes to a country they want to play on a wicket that is the specialty of that country, Sport24 reported.
The skipper said that there is no fun in going to India and having a flat wicket where people can score 200 or 250 runs, but it`s very good if one scores a hundred on a turning track.
The wicketkeeper-batsman said that England is not known for fast wickets but there it is more about swing and overcast conditions and that he added is the specialty there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics