Skipper Dhoni wants Indian squad exposed to English conditions
Johannesburg: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has insisted that he wants the squad exposed to the English conditions during the remainder of their five-match series against England after the first Test ended in a draw.
The tourists ground out a draw, on a pitch that was arguably slower and lower than many Indian surfaces, against England in the first Test at Trent Bridge on Sunday.
Dhoni said that he always has maintained that when one comes to a country they want to play on a wicket that is the specialty of that country, Sport24 reported.
The skipper said that there is no fun in going to India and having a flat wicket where people can score 200 or 250 runs, but it`s very good if one scores a hundred on a turning track.
The wicketkeeper-batsman said that England is not known for fast wickets but there it is more about swing and overcast conditions and that he added is the specialty there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty