Skipper Dhoni wants Indian squad exposed to English conditions
Johannesburg: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has insisted that he wants the squad exposed to the English conditions during the remainder of their five-match series against England after the first Test ended in a draw.
The tourists ground out a draw, on a pitch that was arguably slower and lower than many Indian surfaces, against England in the first Test at Trent Bridge on Sunday.
Dhoni said that he always has maintained that when one comes to a country they want to play on a wicket that is the specialty of that country, Sport24 reported.
The skipper said that there is no fun in going to India and having a flat wicket where people can score 200 or 250 runs, but it`s very good if one scores a hundred on a turning track.
The wicketkeeper-batsman said that England is not known for fast wickets but there it is more about swing and overcast conditions and that he added is the specialty there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3