India Vs West Indies 2nd Test: Scorecard
Bridgetown: The post-lunch session on the second day of the second cricket Test between India and the West Indies will has been delayed due to rain.
Scorecard: India Vs West Indies »
West Indies were 82 for five in their first innings at lunch in reply to India`s 201 all out.
Marlon Samuels (15) and Shivnarine Chanderpaul (12) will resume the hosts innings.
Earlier,Ishant Sharma struck twice as India reduced West Indies to 82 for five at lunch on day two to strengthen their position in the second cricket Test here on Wednesday.
Both the overnight batsmen, Ramnaresh Sarwan (18) and Devendra Bishoo (13), fell prey to Ishant`s bounce as he bowled a spell of 6-2-23-2 this morning at Kensington Oval.
Shivnarine Chanderpaul (12) and Marlon Samuels (15) then took the hosts to lunch without any further damage but the leeway is still of 119 runs.
The day began 45 minutes late due to a sharp morning shower but it suited the hosts perfectly for their bowlers who could throw everything at the batsmen.
Praveen Kumar and Ishant held the two ends up for all but the final 10 minutes and three overs of the shortened session.
Despite the precision and pace, both Sarwan and Bishoo stood their ground for the initial half an hour`s play.
Sarwan survived a couple of shouts and Bishoo once edged Ishant between the third and fourth slip but importantly West Indies did not suffer any wicket loss.
Bishoo`s propensity to fiddle with every delivery outside off-stump made Mahendra Singh Dhoni strengthen the off-side field, once to the extent that he had all of his nine fielders manning the side of the stumps.
Bishoo finally perished when he was drawn like a moth to a flame to a rising delivery and Virat Kohli at gully caught the chance easily.
A delivery later Ishant struck again, this time Sarwan falling to a delivery which kept cruelly low and found him in front of his stumps.
Sarwan is now without a half century in his last 12 Test innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui