Statistical highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Pune Warriors India
Bangalore: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Pune Warriors India and Royal Challengers Bangalore in Bangalore.
• Chris Gayle`s 81 is his seventh fifty in the IPL.
• Gayle has got his 17th Man of the Match award in Twenty20 -- the second best tally in Twenty20, next only to Brad Hodge`s 18.
• Gayle enjoys an excellent batting record in the IPL -- 1230 runs at an average of 43.92, including two centuries, in 32 games.
• Gayle is the only batsman to manage 3000 runs apart from averaging 40 in Twenty20 -- 3396 runs (ave.40.91) in 96 matches.
• Gayle has recorded five sixes off consecutive balls off Rahul Sharma -- the first batsman to accomplish the feat in the same over in IPL. For Kolkata Knight Riders, Gayle had registered four successive sixes off Punjab`s Ravi Bopara in the same over at Eden Gardens, Kolkata on April 4, 2010. Bopara had conceded 33 runs in an over.
• Robin Uthappa`s brilliant 70 off 45 balls is the second highest individual innings for Pune in the IPL, next only to an unbeaten 73 by Jesse Ryder against Chennai Super Kings at Pune on April 14, 2012.
• Uthappa`s knock is his best in the IPL -- his fifth fifty.
• Pune Warriors (182/6) have recorded their highest total against Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL.
• Pune`s total is their second highest, next only to the 187 for five against Delhi Daredevils in Mumbai on April 17, 2011.
• Bangalore have registered fourteen sixes in their total of 186 for four -- their most in an innings in IPL, bettering the 13 against Punjab at Bangalore on March 16, 2010.
• Royal Challengers Bangalore have posted victories in both their matches against Pune Warriors at the IPL.
• Royal Challengers Bangalore have registered their second victory in five games in the present competition.
• Pune Warriors have won three matches and lost two out of five played in the IPL 5.
• Bangalore (186 for four) have posted their highest total against Pune Warriors. Yesterday`s total is their fourth highest in the IPL.
• Jesse Ryder and Robin Uthappa put on 63 for the first wicket -- the highest for Pune, eclipsing the 55 between Jesse Ryder and Manish Pandey against Deccan Chargers at Hyderabad on May 10, 2011.
• Gayle has posted eight sixes -- the most by a batsman in an innings in the IPL 2012. His tally of 15 sixes in four matches is the highest in the present tournament.
• Gayle, with 85 sixes in 32 matches, has established a record for most sixes in the IPL, bettering the 83 hit by Adam Gilchrist in 64 matches.